Funky, Wild, Punk and Kitsch Kitchen Decor, Kitchenware & Dishware
Making Cooking, Baking & Eating MORE Fun…
If you’re like me, you like a lot of color & quirk/kitsch in your life. Well guess what? There’s no reason not to have that with your kitchenware, as this webpage will prove to you. While some items are just for decoration, other items might even help you be more creative with your cooking and baking. And you can mix and match the dishware as you like for unique dining sets. So, if this sounds like it’s up your alley, scroll down to begin browsing!
Kitschy Kitchenware on Amazon
Play with your food…
Remember how your parents told you not to play with your food? Well, now that you’re an adult, you can do whatever you want to with your food. Below are some kitchen items in the shape of other things and/or oddly-designed kitchen items that will help you do that. Mealtimes can now become playtime with your food… in a semi-adult manner, of course. 😉
Fun Ice Trays on Amazon
And now, play with your drinks, too…
Why stick with regular ice when you can have ice in the shape of ships, skulls, castles, functional straws and more? These ice trays will give you unusual ice shapes that can make a plain drink of water or juice a lot more interesting. Again, check out the list, and then browse through the fun ice trays below…
Punk Mugs From SourPuss, eBay & Elsewhere
Click on the photo to view more details about each mug and/or buy it.
First off is a 4-inch tall White Brass Knuckles Coffee Mug, priced at $15 each. Apparently, these mugs are so “dangerous”, the webpage previously had this note on it: “Just as a side note, we have had some of these mugs confiscated when shipping internationally.” If you live in the U.S., you’ll be fine ordering this mug. Elsewhere could still be a problem.
Next is the clear, 5-inch tall Glass Skull Stein Mug, priced at $10 each. This is not your mom’s glassware. (P.S. You can find these on eBay as well.)
Lastly is the 4-inch tall Black Death Skull Coffee Mug. It’s no longer available on the SourPuss website, but several similar versions of these are available on eBay. (Goes nicely with any black dishware [particularly Waechtersbach dishware] you might have.)
CafePress Mugs & Glasses
They aren’t oddly shaped like the mugs above, but the design they feature are just as playful. Take your pick from the mugs and glasses featured below…
Maybe even more playful than the mugs above…
More Mugs on Zazzle (Jumbo Mugs, Espresso Mugs & Bone China Mugs)
These mugs are different from the ones above. The Jumbo Mugs are 20 oz and the Espresso Mugs 6 oz. The Bone China Mugs’ size are unknown.
Zazzle Drink Coasters
There are two types of coasters available; the Sandstone Drink Coaster (round) & the Hard Plastic coasters (square). Both have cork backings.
CafePress Drink Coasters
These 10-inch diameter melamine plates are non-toxic, drop & break resistant and dishwasher safe. NOT microwave safe, though.
Some of MY Funky Dishware….
This is dishware I found by complete accident. The Waechterbach black skull mug and bowl I first saw on eBay while searching for other dishware, and they were much more expensive on eBay than what I paid for them. I saw them again in a local grocery/retail store, and they were about half the price of (or less than) what they were online. So I bought them in groups, getting 2 or 3 of each at a time, and asked for more as a gift for Christmas 2012. I now own 10 mugs and 10 bowls. There are plates that go with these as well, but I’ve only seen them online and they’re much pricier. However, I am considering buying the matching black skull tea cups I saw online. But I’ll have to save up for those, as they’d be coming from Singapore.
The hot pink leopard print plate was even more affordable. I bought 10 of these plates at $3 each (originally $6 each) from SourPussClothing.com, which happens to sell kitchenware and home decor in addition to clothing. I knew they’d sell out (which they did), and I knew I wanted a set of them, so I just bought what I wanted. The plates are made of melamine, so they can’t be microwaved unfortunately. But aside from that, I can still use the plates otherwise.
These placemats are made from 100% woven cotton. They measure 20 inches by 14 inches.
These napkins come in sets of 4 in two sizes; Dinner size (20″ by 20″) and Cocktail size (12″ by 12″)
19 oz. porcelain pitchers to complement your current (or soon-to-be) funky dishware…
Never thought you could have teapots like THIS, did you? They come in two sizes; small (11 oz.) & medium (44 oz.).
Skull-Shaped Sugar Cubes
Buy some or make your own…
I came across these skull-shaped sugar cubes one day when someone posted them on a blog I follow. I did a little more digging and found someone on Etsy who is selling them. However, I use vegan sugar, and was hoping to make my own one way or another. Someone else was thinking the same thing, and they did a blog post about how to make your own skull sugar cubes. So click that link to get started, or just buy the skull sugar cubes here on Etsy…
Zazzle Candy Jars
10 oz. porcelain candy jars to fashionably store all your candy (or sugar skull cubes) in!
The aprons come in 3 sizes (standard, long & kids) and 3 colors for each size (white, khaki & yellow).
Zazzle Dishcloths/Kitchen Towels
These durable, 100% twill cotton kitchen towels/dishcloths measure 16″ by 24″.
Available below for your kitchen: animal print clocks, drip font “PUNK” clocks, skull clocks, a rainbow clock and a Union Jack/British Flag clock.
More clock options for your kitchen…
Home Decor & Accessories (AND Interior Design) Website Links
Here are links to ALL of the websites I used on this lens (and thensome). So, if you’re looking for something and didn’t find it on this webpage, you can find it (or design it yourself) through one of the links below…
- Zazzle.com – Home & Pets (Type in exactly what you want into the search bar at the top right [i.e., “kitsch teapots” or “kawaii plates”]; NOTE: You can also design your own home and kitchen decor & accessories here if you don’t find what you’re looking for. You can also sell those items [some of my own designs are featured on products above])
- CafePress (Check out the “Drinkware”, “Wall Art” “Home” & “Photo” tabs at the top of the page; NOTE: This is another website that will allow you to design [and sell] your own home and kitchen decor & accessories)
- eBay.com (I did not add many items from eBay because the eBay modules are faulty, but anything you can think of for your home and/or kitchen will likely be here, including furniture)
- Amazon.com (although I featured more items from this website than I did eBay, pretty much the same theory, but with slightly less variety in items; also sells furniture)
- Etsy.com (features a lot of kitsch, indie and punk home decor & accessories, either vintage or handmade; use their search bar to find what you want specifically)
- FredFlare.com – “Apartment” Stuff (super-kitschy home decor & accessories)
- Shanalogic.com (check out the “For the Home” and “Fine Art” tabs at the top; features indie, kitsch and kawaii items & art)
- SourPussClothing.com – Housewares (features kitsch, retro & punk home decor & accessories)
- Retroplanet.com (also features a lot of retro & kitsch home decor & accessories)
- Momastore.org (features unusual but very functional home decor & accessories; check out the “Living”, “Dining”, “Workspace” and “Prints” tabs at the top)
- ThinkGeek.com – Home & Office (again, some unusual but very functional home decor & accessories)
- F***YeahInteriorDesigns.tumblr.com – if I linked to this on Squidoo, it would reject the link because of the f-word being in it. But you can copy and paste that into your browser with the word adjustment and the blog will come up. Put in “/archive” behind it to view and sift through ALL of their blog posts on a single page.
- Google.com (Seriously– it’s your best friend when looking for specific items or interior design ideas for your home. It’s how I found several of the websites above. Tip: Type in a specific items you want, then click on the “Images” link on the side to browse those items and see what catches your eye)